Farnworth Rose are seeking a Paralegal/Junior Solicitor for our Private Client Department
At Farnworth Rose, we are seeking to appoint a Paralegal to join our private client department at our Nelson office.
The successful candidate will be joining an expanding department which has seen an increase in the quantity of work.
About the role
This is a varied role which will involve tasks including:
- General administrative tasks and support
- Answering the telephone
- Filing, printing, photocopying, scanning and binding
- Drafting correspondence
- Drafting simple wills, letter of wishes, trust documents and Lasting Powers of Attorney Court of Protection Applications.
- Assisting with simple probate administration and the preparation of Estate Accounts
We would expect your role to develop as experience allows with the balance of the role remaining flexible, based on the mix of work at a given time.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To work as part of the team to assist with providing private client services, undertaking fee-earning work and time recording accordingly. To deliver a high-quality service to clients, dealing with them on the telephone and face-to-face in client meetings.
- Responsibility, under supervision, for assisting others within the Private Client Department with their matters as detailed above
- Preparation of correspondence and drafting wills and trust documents (with support)
- Proofreading, fact-checking, and the ability to send confidential documents to clients and others unsupervised.
- To learn and adhere to the firm’s systems (to include use of case management system), and the requirements of third-party referrers.
- To assist with the development of our case management system.
- Data inputting and basic accounting transactions following the provision of training on the firm’s accounts package and systems detailed above.
- Case management and dealing with incoming emails.
- Arranging appointments, taking messages, receiving and delivering documents.
- Open and close files in Case Management.
- Attend department meetings and such internal or external training courses as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Previous legal work experience or academic knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a focus on exceptional client care
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Ambitious to develop personal skills and promote and develop the department.
- Able to use online legal resources and be competent and able to adapt to our IT practices.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org