We’re looking for a Commercial Solicitor to join our team
Job Title: Solicitor
Department: Commercial Property
Reporting To: Head of Commercial Property
Main Purpose of Job
- To work competently as a Conveyancer in the Commercial Property Department.
- To support the Commercial Property team, and the firm, in growing its client base through the promotion and delivery of an excellent service and getting involved with the Firm’s business development through:
- Contributing ideas to the Firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives;
- Networking within the local business community and with key referral sources in order to develop/maintain a high profile locally for the practice;
- Writing regular articles for submission to local publications/Firm’s website
Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
- To handle commercial property transactions including commercial sales, purchases and leases from the initial client contact through to completion.
- Find an appropriate solution for prospective commercial property clients and convert into new business for the firm.
- Draft contracts for freehold and leasehold sales or sale of businesses
- Deal with matter related enquiries.
- To be fully conversant with both registered and unregistered conveyancing work and Landlord and Tenant Identify title issues, raising/dealing with enquiries for registered and unregistered titles in sales and purchase and leases.
- Ensure that we comply with lenders’ requirements at all times relating to panel membership.
- Draft paperwork to deal with any anomalies arising during conveyancing transactions.
- To pro-actively identify and initiate additional complementary services to add value to the client’s transaction whether in conveyancing work or for other legal departments across the firm.
- To understand and comply at all times with the obligations set out by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and other relevant regulatory bodies, particularly Outcomes Focused Regulation, Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients, whilst developing your own client base.
- To work efficiently as a fee earner within the department with minimal secretarial support.
- To utilise the Firm’s case management system to best effect in order to manage your case load.
- To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the Firm generally.
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional approach.
- To assist with the supervision of support staff within the department (where applicable) and encourage support staff in their development and training.
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with SRA requirements, the Firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements.
- To undertake colleagues’ file reviews in a timely manner, if required to do so.
- To familiarise yourself with the Firm’s Staff Handbook and Health and Safety policy.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and/or information.
- To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role.
The duties in this Job Description should be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all employees and is consistent with the Firm’s Equality and Diversity policy.
The Firm reserves the right to alter or amend the duties set out in this Job Description in accordance with the needs of the business and after consultation with you.
To apply, please send your CV including a covering letter clearly stating why you believe you can offer what we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org