We’re seeking a Wills Solicitor to join our growing team
Due to the expansion and continuing success of Farnworth Rose, an opportunity has arisen for a Wills Solicitor to join our Will, Probate and Lasting Power of Attorney department.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work with and alongside an ambitious team in a busy and dynamic working environment.
Main Purpose of Job:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work competently as a solicitor within the Will, Probate and Lasting Power of Attorney department.
- Confidently deal with large estates and create strong interpersonal relationships with clients
- Provide lifetime estate planning including advising on the preparation of wills, tax and planning of trusts.
- To support the Will, Probate and LPA team, and the firm, in growing its client base through the promotion and delivery of an excellent service and by getting involved with the Firm’s business development through:
- Contributing ideas to the Firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
- Attending networking events and undertake business development activities to promote yourself and the firm.
Responsibilities, duties and tasks:
- To understand and comply at all times with the obligations set out by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and other relevant regulatory bodies, particularly Outcomes Focused Regulation and Solicitors Accounts Rules.
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients whilst developing your own client base.
- To work efficiently as a fee earner within the department with minimal secretarial support.
- To utilise the Firm’s case management system to best effect in order to manage your case load.
- To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the Firm generally.
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional approach.
- To assist with the supervision of support staff within the department (where applicable) and encourage support staff in their development and training.
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with SRA requirements, the Firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements.
- To undertake colleagues’ file reviews in a timely manner, if required to do so.
- To familiarise yourself with the Firm’s Staff Handbook and Health and Safety policy.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client’s documentation and/or information.
- To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role.
The duties in this Job Description should be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and respect for all employees and is consistent with the Firm’s Equality and Diversity policy.
The Firm reserves the right to alter or amend the duties set out in this Job Description in accordance with the needs of the business and after consultation with you.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV including a covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org